Monday 22 July 2013

My Top 5 Nail Polishes For Summer 2013

Hi readers,
So today I thought I would tell you guys what my top 5 favourite summer nail polishes are for 2013. Personally I think that summer is a great time to try out some new nail trends, whether it is tribal, animal print or glitter, having time off of school gives you more opportunity to try out new nail designs, (which I might be doing a post on soon).

So to kick off my top 5, my fifth favourite summer nail polish is Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine in 'vibrant'.
 

 
 
I think that this nail polish is bright and eye catching which makes it perfect for summer, although it is still my fifth favourite as it took me about 3 or 4 coats to get it to look like the colour in the bottle. So I give this nail polish 3/5.
 
My fourth favourite summer nail polish is Rimmel London I love lasting finish in 'azure'.
 
 
I think that this nail polish is also just as bright and eye catching as the previous one, but is slightly better as it needs less coats to get it looking like the one in the bottle, although for me Rimmel nail polishes have a tendency to peel off after just a few days of wearing it. So I rate this polish 3/5.
 
My third favourite summer nail polish is another by Rimmel its Rimmel London I love lasting finish in 'misty jade'.
 
I don't really have anything different to say about this nail polish than I did about the first, as they are both by the same brand, but what I will say is I absolutely LOVE the colour of this. Although most people would associate mint green with spring, I think that it also transitions well into the summer months because it is bright and colourful enough to look good in summer, but also as it is a pastel colour it goes great with almost any outfit. I give this one 4/5.
 
 
Just missing out on first place is Nails inc. London in 'atomic' by fabulous.
 
Even though this nail polish came free in a magazine, it is still in second place because it is by one of my favourite nail polish brands of all time and I have not had any faults with it yet. The colour is bright and vibrant and perfect for summer and best of all it only took me 1 or 2 coats to get it looking like the colour in the bottle. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a bright summer polish and I give this a well deserved 5/5.
 
And now for my number 1 best summer nail polish for 2013, it is 'Lexington yellow' by New York Color.
 
Now, although the picture may suggest otherwise this nail polish is actually a lighter colour than you would expect, and that's why I have chosen it as my top favourite polish. It makes your nails look fresh and clean while at the same time still looking suitable for the summer time and as it is a lighter yellow it can easily be used for both spring and summer.
 
 
Thanks for reading and please visit back again as I should have more posts up soon.
 
Fashion Gold x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment